Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let the Dust Settle

Faith....faith in our Lord, faith in our God, faith in our Father.  We need faith in our lives.  We need to believe that God is the sovereign one that will make all things good according to His will.  Why is it so hard then to have that faith?  Right now, I am looking out the window watching our huge windstorm and thinking I need to get out and rebuild the greenhouse.  I need to get out and replant my seedlings that were so carelessly thrown away by the wind.  I need to fix what is broken outside.  But in the back of my mind, I realized that I need to wait until the windstorm is over.  Let the dust settle outside and then pick up the pieces that are strewn around our yard.  Wait until the wind is over so that I can replant without the possibility of more broken pots.  Wait, wait, wait.  My husband's job has a sort of windstorm going right now.  We do not know if he will have a job in July or not.  We do not know how much pay will be cut if he still has his job.  My first and foremost thing to do is panic.  I don't eat when I get that stressed.  My stomach is in knots.  My head is not where it is supposed to be.  It is that fight or flight thing that I have going on and I know that is not of God.  Talking to a good friend today, she advised me to wait until the dust settles before rushing to judgement, making plans that don't have to be made, stressing myself out and getting upset about everything.  We just have to wait and see what happens with his job and then properly take the steps to go on with our lives, as God sees fit.  He has our best interests.  He has our back.  Why then do I rush to fix things while the dust is still flying in and around my head?  Why can't I just calmly walk up to Him and lay it at His feet?  Why can't I just let it go into His hands all the way and let go myself?  Things always turn out bad when you don't have a clear head but when you have faith in Him who knows your future, your plans can never go awry, even if bad things still happen to us.  We live in a cruel, cruel world.  We just have to keep our eyes on the prize, His Heaven.  Let the dust settle and have FAITH that He will take care of all things.  We have to BELIEVE He will.  It is easier said than done sometimes and I am upset with myself that I can't take my own advice.  I have no other choice though.  I have to put ALL my FAITH in Him.  He is my Father.  I love Him and know that He will sweep all the debris that is left behind the bad things.  His love is never ending.  Just let the dust settle and have the faith to lean on Him and give it all to Him.  After all, who wants dust bunnies in our lives?

3 comments:

  1. Patience is a gift. We all have it most of the time, but when the storms come it seem to be the first thing blown out the "window" of our souls. Good advice, though. Easier said than done, however. Things will work out and your lives will be the stronger for it. Adversity builds strong character. Hang in there, literally, if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sometimes those windstorms blow you in a whole new direction in life. Without the wind, we may not budge. It is tough, but you have family to help you through it as well and sharpen your fingernails - you need good grippers :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pray for your family, Kristen. The connection you and your friend made about letting the actual dust settle as well as the unseen dust in the intangible storms is good. I pray this storm brings your family lots of sunshine and rainbows, no matter where the dust settles.

    ReplyDelete